Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

How can I stop ingrown toenails?

By Linda from Eden, NC

Answers:

Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

I don't know how to get rid of them once you have them (except going to a doctor). But I do know how to not get them in the first place. A doctor told me to cut my toenails so they are straight and not rounded at the ends. This little bit of extra toenail on the ends of the nail keeps the nail from getting ingrown under the skin. Ever since I started cutting my toenails straight to keep the ends a bit longer I have never had another ingrown nail! (03/18/2010)

By Cyinda

Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

Here's what to do: take something to lift the ingrown nail corner ever so slightly. I use a metal file and then under your nail insert a small piece if cotton ball. If you cannot stand it, you have used too much cotton. When you get it so you can stand it, allow your toenail to grow out and away from your flesh. This may take some weeks. If this doesn't help you may need surgery. The toe boxes of your shoes are too narrow or short. Feel for your toes in your shoes, if your toes touch anything they're wrong.
(03/21/2010)

By dna53

A foot with an ingrown toenail.
Remedies for Ingrown Toenails
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs, Man Plucking Eyebrows
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs
hole in sock exposing big toe nail with smiley face
Treating A Damaged Toenail
Dog Has a Hurt Toenail
Dog Has a Hurt Toenail
Photo of a toe with toenail fungus.
Getting Rid of Toenail Fungus
🎄