Remedy For Tape Worms

I was just wondering if any one knows how to get rid of tape worms, without having to take my cats to the vet. Right now we are on a very tight budget, and do not have extra money to take them there, otherwise I would. Thank you in advance.

Amber

Answers:

Remedy For Tape Worms

I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Home Remedies "do not work" and might be dangerous to give to your cat. Please take your fur-baby to the vet to have an injection of tapeworm meds. Ivermec is "not" a tape worm medication.

Good luck. (11/01/2008)

By Sherri and Sophie

Remedy For Tape Worms

Your vet should be able to just give you the tapeworm pills without a visit and they are not very expensive. Explain to them that you can't afford to have a stool sample done and a vet visit, but that you are certain it is tapeworm. Our vet would give us some every 6 months or so for our cats and dogs as it is a common occurrence in pets. As if I am going to bring in stool samples for 5 animals and vet visits every 3-6 months.(11/01/2008)

By Izzyflip

Remedy For Tape Worms

Diatamaous Earth. I sprinkle it on applesauce for my kids to get rid of pin worms. I also give it to our cat. It is all natural. I get it at a bulk place that sells grain. Probably can get it on the internet. Cheap, and natural way. (11/01/2008)

By Valora

Remedy For Tape Worms

A friend who fosters cats and kittens for the Sheena Foundation gave me this tip. We have five much-loved cats. The best medication for worming and defleaing is called Revolution. The vet charges $30 per dose, and all you have to do is inject it under the skin between the shoulder blades. Our cats didn't even notice when we gave it to them. My friend says she buys the large dog package and a tiny syringe. There are instructions in the package for how to figure the dose, and they say that giving a larger dose is not harmful to the animal. I bought one of those packages and a syringe at our vet for $38.00. I treated all five cats and there is enough left over for at least two more rounds. The dog and cat Revolution are the identical medication. Our kitties feel much better. Hope this helps. (11/03/2008)

By Coreen

Remedy For Tape Worms

Revolution is not for treating tapeworms. It is for roundworm, hookworm, heartworm, ticks, and fleas.
Because your pet can get tapeworm from eating fleas, Revolution will help stop a reoccurence from the flea source, but tapeworm can also come from your cat eating meat such as mice. Revolution is by no means cheap either. The $30 quote is for one dose that lasts one month and Revolution must be given every month for it to be effective. Your best and economical solution is still to get the proper tapeworm meds from your vet and administer them yourself. (11/03/2008)

By Izzyflip

Remedy For Tape Worms

Tractor Supply has worm pills. They work great and are inexpensive. (01/31/2009)

By Jim J.

Remedy For Tape Worms
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
🎄