Remedy for Dog With Itchy Skin

My Beagle, Ellie, rolled in something nasty. So I got out the arm length rubber gloves and went to bathing her. I had to lather rinse and repeat three times. Since the bath she has been acting strangely, like her rear end has been bothering her. I think, well I'm sure, it was the bathing. She kept sitting down while I was rinsing so I am thinking maybe I didn't get all the soap off.

Now she will run, then stop like something is on her and she is being antisocial. Any suggestions for how to give her some relief?

Answers

There are a few different reasons. First, could be she doesn't smell like her usual self, and it's confusing her. Dogs rely heavily on their sense of smell. Her scent will come back.

If you left soap on and it's itching, try a no-soap bath.

Or, she has dry skin because you washed the oils off. If you think that is the case, use a fine toothed comb and brush all over her to stimulate oil production and remove dead skin.