Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin

I have an almost 2 year old Neo Mastiff. Lately he has been scratching and nibbling at his skin around his butt, his back legs, and hips. He has scratched so much in one spot it is raw and red and the fur is very thin.

I have been giving him, antihistamines as I had thought it may be caused by the pollen in the air, but have had no luck helping him. I live on a dairy farm and have been giving him milk which he absolutely loves, but am thinking he may be allergic to this as I know other dogs are. Could someone please suggest a home remedy as I am unable to take my poor boy to the vet at the moment.

By T J

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It sounds as if it might be a yeast infection of the skin or a food allergy. Change the dog food to a brand with no wheat and no by products, and don't give him those awful store treats that come in a bag, but give him lots of chicken for treats...bless his heart..here is some info on yeast infections in dogs:

http://www.grea  _mini_course.htm

If you can't take the Dog to the Vet is their any reason they can't come to you? Most Veterinarians make "house calls" or did you mean their is a financial issue? In the best interest of the Dog you could make arrangements to pay this account off. It's worth a try, good luck.

This sounds like it could be a food allergy. You will need to try different foods or home cooking recipes. If you are lucky you will find a prepared food for allergies that will work. I did home cooking for my cairn terrier and he never had another problem. There are some great posts on this website, including mine. Good luck to you.

I have never used this product but it might be worth looking into. The web site is www.allergicpet.com

Hope this helps.

Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Pets Dogs HealthAugust 24, 2013
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
A dog wearing a cone on it's head to prevent it from itching.
Home Remedy for Dog's Eczema
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
A cute beagle sitting on the floor.
My Beagle is Itching
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 7:16:12 PM on 10.0.2.89 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.