Remedy for Perm Damaged Hair

I just got a perm and it broke a lot of my hair off. How can I get my hair to grow quicker? I know stimulating the scalp works wonders, but why did my hair break off so badly? It has no color on it. I'm so confused on this. When I was younger I had color and a perm and now all the sudden I decided to get one and my hair breaks off all over my head. Please help I'm really embarrassed.

Best Answer

If you had your hair perm at a salon, you should return there immediately and request they provide treatments to improve your hair now to help with the breakage, dryness and color loss. The salon and hair stylist are responsible to provide a good result! Do not back down if they refuse any better treatment!!! If they still refuse, tell the owner/manager that you will go to the Better Business Bureau to report your problem if they do not comply.

I agree with Dinah, go back to the salon and firmly request help. If this was a home perm, you might also go to a salon as they may have some remedies for you to help you deal with the damage. And as for making your hair grow faster, there is NOTHING you can do to make your hair grow faster. It grows about a 1/2 inch per month for most people. Massage your scalp if it feels good, but it will not result in faster hair growth any more than rubbing your feet will make you grow taller.

Anonymous

Iv permed my hair to over 9 weeks ago and now my hair is realy dry and fizzy and damaged , before my hair was so silky and health . My hair as all broken off at the back of my head . It's a mess :/ I'm totaly gutted . Nothing you can do to fix ur hair other then treat it back to life , cocoanut conditioner helps damaged hair , also oils .