Remedy for Persistent Bleeping Smoke Alarm

My smoke alarm was set off when there was a lot of dust during a DIY job. It wouldn't stop bleeping when I decided to replace the battery on completing the DIY. I just found the solution; there was still some dust in the sensor vent so I blew into it vigorously and replaced the battery. Voila, it worked perfectly.

Simple Three Part Solution:

a. Dust out all dust and debris from the metal battery connectors within alarm.

b. A New battery (square 9 volt) is properly placed with Positive Matching Positive (+) & Negative Matching Negative (-) and the little plastic hatch within is closed up with a click.

c. Finally, and MOST IMPORTANTLY - Flip the corresponding circuit breaker for a quick reset.

The chirping of the evil birds will now stop and never return...until you do something else stupid, that is. :) Cheers!

You should also check every battery in all detectors if they are plugged in to the house wiring. I had "the Beep" until I unhooked one completely from the house wiring and the battery. THEN another one started beeping, again unhooked it completely. Then a third one in an unused bedroom. Changed that battery, remembering I had never done that in over two years, beeping stopped. Hooked first two back up to house wiring and new battery. Beeping stopped.

My smoke alarm is electric & it keeps beeping the council have been out twice but it still beeping

Two smoke detector interfaced, beeping from one removed alarm from power source. beeping still coming from general area. Second alarm is in basement no noise from that one. removed that alarm, still beeping coming fron area of first alarm?

Electric Smoke Detector
Electric Smoke Detector Won't Stop Beeping
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousJuly 28, 2016
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 3:36:07 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.