Remedy for Pets Dry Skin

Feed plenty of good whole foods, such as turkey, chicken, beef, black beans, kidney beans, green beans, yogurt, part of bananas, pumpkin (canned), squash, sweet potatoes, mayo, and infant vitamins, one dropper full for a large 100 pound or more dog and half that for a fifty pound dog, and 1/4 that for a 25 pound dog, etc.

Make any items of this with a meat source listed above. Wet it down with water to the point it will form into little balls and squish them into cookies about normal size hamburger patties, and freeze these and then when they are frozen put them in a plastic bag. I give two or three a day. I do my scraps like this that I know are good for the dogs, and that way, they get a wholesome meal.

I also give my huge dogs about a tablespoon of olive oil a day in the place of fish oil pills or give fish oil pills if I have pill pockets (a treat with a pocket to put a pill in). Medium dogs would have a half tablespoon of olive oil a day and small dogs would have 1/4 of a tablespoon of olive oil a day. I will figure that out later, what that amounts to.

Dove baths are comforting to my dachshund mix who is plagued with terrible skin. Lather their wet skin up with a Dove bar that is a quarter cleansing cream and rub that in for a little and rinse off.

Making oatmeal water is a soothing thing to pour over dry skin. Put about a cup of oatmeal in a bowl and then soak it in water as much as you like. Then collect the water from that and pour that over the skin.

I give Benadryl to my dogs, when they are really upset in their skin, 1 mg per pound of weight. You could do 2 mg per pound of weight, but it knocks them out. Cats usually don't respond well to Benadryl, but you could Google it.

Frontline doesn't do any good for my dogs anymore. I suspect it has changed formula for some reason. I am waiting for about a month to try the brewers yeast on them and I am going to research which vitamins are good for dogs and which ones are toxic.

Dogs with itchy skin need to be brushed, bathed, and blow dried often, because it keeps their skin clean and soft and not as likely to suffer irritation, at least this is true with my dogs.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton

Remedy for Pets Dry Skin

Listerine, baby oil, and warm water. It sounded greasy, but I was amazed at how somehow this all worked together to make a fabulous dry skin cure. It soaked in instantly, and my poor German Shepherd was so much happier within 24 hours that she actually has come to me whenever she's seen the squirt bottle in my hands. I went out on a limb and put it directly on a hot spot. Within days the hot spot was healed and gone. No more flaky skin on the surface of her now shiny black coat. Thank you so much! I follow up now and then with a perfect bath made of half clear anti-bacterial soap, and half white vinegar. Shake it up in an old bottle and use as shampoo. No wet dog smell! Thank God for the internet and helpful sites like these for low cost cures. (04/04/2010)

By kandimark

Remedy for Pets Dry Skin

I have used Listerene as a topical on ringworm or other yeast infections and also on any itchy like infection. When using on dogs, just get a small amount on a cotton ball and let it sit for a few seconds and then if it is where they can lick it; wipe it off. Also the dogs like to have their fur wiped down, which is a soft massage with a wet rag all the way down to their skin. It refreshes them so much.

I am going to make this spray stuff with the baby oil, etc. I am also going to try to find out why Skin so Soft is so good against bugs! (05/22/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Dog Scratching Dry Skin
Remedies for Pets' Dry Skin
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Dry Sunburned Skin Remedies
Remedies for Dry Sunburned Skin
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner