Remedy for Severely Itchy Scalp and Hair Loss

I have been suffering with a severely itchy scalp and hair fall for the past few weeks. I have thyroid problems and recently had a regular thyroid check. The doctor said that the thyroid levels are normal and to get an another regular checkup after a year. All of sudden I was facing the severely itchy scalp and hair fall problem. So, what should I do now? Should I consult my endocrinologist or do I have to go through some home remedies like changing shampoo, etc.?

By Mansi

Best Answer

I suffered for years from this same problem. I was reading on-line where an iodine defency can cause thyroid problems and one of the signs was hair loss which I also had. I bought a multi vitiman that has 100% of the daily allowance of iodine and switched to baby shampoo. I am so thankful that I did because now when I shower the drain is not full of hair that should be on my head. I bought the vitamins and baby shampoo at Aldi's which wasn't expensive at all. God bless and good luck.

Best Answer

I suffered for 4 years with my doctors saying thyroid is fine and my hair fell out to the point that I had to cut my hair off short. I went to the health food store & the homopathic doctor and he said thyroid and the way they read the test ....took a simple dissolve tablet in mouth for l month and when the doctor rechecked my thyroid he said it was too high and lowered the dose. long story short....The generic thyroid medicine and the specialist put me on brand name because it has to have in it what it says and generic only can be 15 percent off in their mixture. My hair is fine and my itchy scalp went with it.

I went to Mayo to finally get relief.

by the way you can tell within a week if it is thyroid because your hair will change that fast.

Best Answer

It definitely sounds like a reaction to the medication. I would highly recommend asking your doctor to adjust your meds or try a different treatment. I also suggest looking for a good chiropractor. Thyroid problems can be caused by a pinched nerve in the neck. It may be as simple as a few chiropractic treatments to get your thyroid functioning again, then you won't have to worry about the meds at all.

You might think about seeing a Dermatologist. He or she will do a culture to determine what is causing the problem and can prescribe something that will help without your having to go through a bunch of "maybe's". It could be something as simple as changing your shampoo.

Good Luck.

Pookarina

Contact an NAET practitioner and get permanent relief! www.naet.com

You can reverse all of your problems with energy medicine, go to find a prac. and find someone near you.

Try a scalp treatment using coconut oil. Coconut oil is also beneficial for relieving excema and psoriasis. Do a search on the many benefits of coconut oil. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Woman with Itchy Scalp
Remedies for an Itchy Scalp
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 13, 2011
Woman scratching her dry scalp.
Homemade Dry Scalp Treatments
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄