Remedy for Unexplained Hair Thinning

I am a 19 year old girl. My hair has become too thin within these last 8 months. I don't know the reason behind this, so I need some tips to make it healthy.

By Yashmin

I don't necessarily think it is unhealthy hair, unless you have been over processing it(coloring, perming, curling, straightening). No matter what beauticians say, I think a person can over process the hair. My sister is a beauty operator and she always told me and her clients that it would be a good idea to let hair rest in between procedures every now and then. Also if you pull it back real tight in a pony tail or bun or something that can thin the hair. You should probably consult a doctor, there could be a medical reason. Also if you are on any medications, some of them can cause hair loss.

I would check the ingredients of the shampoo and conditioner you use to see if there may be something that doesn't jive with your body. You can also take Biotin to help strengthen your hair which may help the thinning. But check with your doctor first before taking any new vitamin.

Check your diet: Are you getting plenty of vitamins and minerals? Also, drink plenty of water every day. I have heard of taking gelatin tablets to thicken hair (and improve nails too).

At one stage my hair was falling out a lot. my hairdresser told me to get used to it as i was getting older! however when i went to the doctor for a blood test, I was low in iron and zinc and apparently that makes your hair fall out. anyway I took iron and zinc tablets and my hair is now thicker again. I hope this helps you.

Low thyroid levels can cause thinning hair, especially in someone that young. I would mention it at your next doctor's appt.

I agree with some of the others...go to your doctor.

A change of your thyroid levels, whether large or small or slight. Been living with this for many years and can tell when I need a med adjustment by my hair and nails.

I know when your protein intake changes it can cause hair thinning. If you are taking any medications, those can cause hair thinning. I have this problem due to my medications, sometimes worse than other times. My doctor told me to try Head and Shoulders or if you want something stronger than try Nizoral or Neutrogena T/Gel. Even though these shampoos are for dandruff issues they really help with thinning hair. I have oily hair so you wouldn't think my scalp is dry but the hair follicles themselves need help. A couple of things to keep in mind... don't brush your hair when wet or you could try a shorter hair style, use brushes and combs with widely spaced bristles and teeth with smooth tips.

Treatment for Thinning Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Thin HairJune 3, 2011
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄