Remembering Usernames and Passwords

To keep track of all my internet usernames and passwords for banking, bills etc. I just typed them all in catagories of: site, username, password then printed them out and taped them inside my computer cabinet door. No more forgetting. No one ever uses my computer so if privacy would be an issue, just hide it nearby your computer.

By Melanie

Answers:

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

I do the same thing plus I enter them into Excel and save to disc and to be sure a cd, it only takes a minute to load, change and save info. (12/04/2004)

By tootsy118

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

I use a flat Rolodex for mine, with the lettered tab spacers. I write each website and user id and password and file them under the appropriate lettered tab in alphabetical order. Saved a lot of searching through little pieces of paper that I use to keep on the work station. Now it's all in one. I like the flat Rolodex better. Got it from work when I retired. And since I am the only one in my house, privacy is not an issue. (so far).

LI Roe (12/05/2004)

By LI Roe

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

I use a simple address book. I got a small 4x6 book with the alphabet tabs and keep it in my desk. I have referred to it many times. (12/05/2004)

By nosurrender

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

Where privacy is an issue, I write my passwords, PIN numbers, etc. down disguised as phone numbers, zip codes, or something of the sort. If someone was digging through my papers and found a list of phone numbers (with bogus names before them) I doubt if they'd suspect they were anything but phone numbers. For example, if I had a PIN number of 9999 (I don't, BTW), I might write it as "987-9999". If it were the number for my account at the Trust Company Bank (I don't have one of those either) I might precede it with a name like "Tom's Country Biscuits".

Just a few thoughts on the subject... - Alph (12/08/2004)

By Alph

Remembering Computer Passwords

I bought a blank book, and put all the different websites and addresses, passwords, user names in it - this way it can be on the book shelf and no one knows its there (except my husband who always forgets his passwords). I usually pay bills online but I needed to have something where he could go if he had to pay them some day.

By Mary (12/10/2004)

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

those of you living alone who think privacy isn't an issue......what if someone broke into your home? they would be able to find where you list those items easily. Alph has the right idea! also tootsy118. you can save them on a cd and label the cd something like Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits, something no burglar would suspect had important password info on it. (12/11/2004)

By lannwashburn

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

I KEEP ALL USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS IN A WORD PROCESSING FILE. THIS WAY IT IS ALPHABETIZED, EASY TO SORT AND EASY TO ADD, DELETE AND FIND IT WHENEVER I NEED IT. YOU CAN KEEP PIN NUMBERS, ACCOUNT NUMBERS AND PASSWORDS ALL IN THE SAME PLACE - EASY! (12/20/2004)

By INKSPOT333

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

I use a handheld. With it, you can backup the info into your computer. You can also deny access to other people by saving it with a password of its own. And, it's easily portable.
(02/14/2005)

By Wanda

Usernames and Passwords For Websites

I use 3x5 index cards to write email addresses and favorite websites as well as keeping my username and password on these cards if I happen to forget when I use more than one username for different websites.

By mzkeller
(03/30/2005)

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

I use one of those small, free address books that you get every year when you get calendars. (03/31/2005)

By wallflower

Remembering Usernames and Passwords

I use this handy book called "My Computer Log." You can read about it at www.mycomputerlog.com. (01/12/2006)

By asappub

Computer login window.
Remembering Usernames and Passwords
Remembering Your Glasses
Remembering Your Glasses
Closeup of Pills in Weekly Medication Organizer
Remembering to Take Medicine
Cars in a parking lot.
Remembering Where You Parked
A man looking at his smartphone calendar.
Remembering Appointments
🎄