Remembering Your Cell Phone

When leaving the house, did you forget to take your cell phone because it was plugged into the charger in an out of the way location?

After doing this several times, I hit upon an idea that has functioned beautifully ever since.

I took a small shiny golden colored beaded embroidered little turtle change purse (the idea being that you need something small, brightly colored and whimsical) and I left in next to the charger.

When I use the charger, I place the shiny turtle where my phone is usually located by my purse. That way, when I grab my purse to head out the door, I see the shiny turtle and remember to remove the cell phone from the charger.

The rest of the story is that my teen fell in love with the shiny turtle and I substituted something eye catching like an old mini 3 inch tall Barbie doll back pack (not shiny). Shiny works better.

I know I have another beaded mini change purse somewhere around here and as soon as I find it, I am going to replace the mini plaid back pack with it.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Remembering Your Cell Phone

Good idea! I keep my purse near the plug in for the charger. Then when I charge the phone, I place the phone in my purse while it charges. (10/27/2005)

By ddabson

Remembering Your Cell Phone

I do the same thing as ddabson, keep the purse and charger near each other and the I lay the phone over my purse while it's charging. (10/27/2005)

By Michele

Remembering Your Cell Phone

I use a similar idea. My cellphone is attached to my purse by one of those coiled things that has a loop on one end and a hook (attached to a zipper on the purse) on the other. When my phone is charging I leave the coil dangling from the side of my purse and this lets me know to get the phone out of the charger. When the phone is ready it is kept in a pouch inside my purse. When it rings I can just grab the coil thingy and pull my purse out.
Ellen (10/28/2005)

By Ellen