Remembering Your Keys

Tips to help you remember your keys. Post your ideas.

Remembering Your Keys

I was locked out of my apartment when I first moved in. It now costs fifteen dollars for them to let you in. I have a plastic key holder that can fit around my wrist and I hang my keys on the door knob. A lanyard would do too. This is also a good idea if you have to remember to take something with you when you go out, hanging it on the doorknob is a great reminder.

By ThriftyFun

Remembering Your Keys

I got into the RIDICULOUS habit of putting my keys in the pocket of my trousers and jumping up and down before I leave the house. A bit obsessive - I Know! But I can hear them jangling so I know I've got them and maybe burn a few calories in the process! (02/07/2005)

By Julie UK

Remembering Your Keys

Although this is not a tip for remembering your keys, it is something that has helped me remember something even more important; my shopping. I occasionally help a friend by taking her shopping. We do our shopping at the same time and I used to put the perishables in her fridge while we sat down to have a morning/afternoon tea after our shopping expedition.

I was always leaving my shopping in her fridge by accident and we lived quite a way from each other. It was a pain to have to always go back to retrieve my shopping. I came up with a brilliant idea that ALWAYS works.

Of course, the only way to get home was by my car. What I do now is that when I put my shopping in the fridge, I put my keys on top or near my shopping. So when I go searching for my keys, my memory is jogged that I have put them in the fridge.

So now I go home with my cool shopping and I have never anything behind since I started using this tip.

By Bev in Oz

Remembering Your Keys

I never wear anything but jeans, so I keep them in my back pocket. ALL the time! (02/08/2005)

By Rabbithorns

Remembering Your Keys

I have had a sturdy ethnic bell on my keyring for over 20 years. I can tell if my keys are in my purse by rattling it and listening for the bell, haven't lost them yet. (03/22/2008)

By pamphyila

Remembering Your Keys

I used to have the nasty habit of leaving my keys in my front door, in my pockets or sometimes in my purse (then I'd switch bags) so I was forever searching for my keys. I screwed a hook (see pic) to the inside of my front door and started hanging them there when I walk in my door.

Also, I lucked out by finding a small, thin wallet (just big enough for my essential ids/cards) with a key chain at my local Staples store for only 50 cents. I have my house and car keys on the same chain, but I kept forgetting my drivers license. Now I have it all in one place. The wallet fits nicely in my pocket or purse (even in evening bags) and hangs on my hook when not in use. (04/06/2008)

By gypsyartist

RE: Remembering Your Keys

Remembering Your Keys

Keep your eye out for jingle bells at this time of year. I just took a large bell decoration (from the dollar store) that hung on my front door handle, and wound my key ring around the bell hook at the top. I may sound like a ding-a-ling on the bus, but I sure won't have trouble finding my house key. (12/31/2008)

By Derryl

Keys hanging on a row of hooks.
Remembering Your Keys
Various keys hanging from hooks.
Organizing Keys
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Keys on Keyring
Keeping Track of Your Keys
Man Looking Keys Locked in Car
Solutions for Keys Locked in Car