Remove Bled Color Without Losing Original Color

How do I take color that bled from fabric sewn onto a towel off the towel, but not take the color out of the material it belongs on? My husband decided to help with the laundry and washed two new fancy dishtowels together. The color bled onto the cotton backing. We are talking red, orange, yellow, and green.

I want to take the color off the backing, but not off of where it belongs. Can I use the removers for dye or will it also remove the color from the original fabric which is still attached? Help. Mom doesn't know what has happened to her gift yet, I don't think. If she did see it, I'd like her to see that it was repaired and not destroyed. Thanks.

Sniffles from Omaha, NE

Answers:

Try Oxy Clean. It usually works for me. Just follow the directions on jar. (09/21/2007)

By Madeline

Removing Dye Transfer on Colored Clothing
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
An apricot cut in half.
Peeling Apricots
🎄