Remove Urine Odors from a Mattress

Category Odors
Mattress
A strong smell that can be difficult to remove from a mattress. This is a guide about remove urine odors from a mattress.

How do I get the smell of pee out of a mattress?

By Katie from ME

Answers

Best Answer

pour vinegar wherever the urine was, let it soak in a short time. then suction it back out with a carpet machine. I use the little green mean machine by bissell (a life saver when you have pet accidents or small children) The vinegar will nutralize the odor and the vinegar smell will go away after it dries.

Best Answer

febreze! I had a problem with little ones not quite potty trained, shampoo the mattress with a "pet odor" & shampooer (you can rent one at most walmarts), then febreze it up! If you can move the mattress outside to get some fresh air & sun it will dry faster and leave you with a fresh smell.

Best Answer

20 Mule Team Borax. Dampen the spots, sprinkle the borax on it, let it dry and vacuum it off! It works great for pet odors! If you buy it, the directions are on the side of the box. You can find in the laundry soap aisle and it is only about $3 for a decent size box! Lots of USES!

How do you get urine odors out of a mattress?

By Chris from ME

Answers:

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

Sparkling mineral water is supposed to help, according to a book I have of household tips. Pour some on and blot it immediately. It gets rid of the smell. Hope it works for you. (11/18/2009)

By Angie

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

I can remember from when I was a kid, my little brother wet the bed for awhile and when that would happen my mother would put layers of newspaper over the wet spot and leave it for awhile before making the bed. However, this wasn't a modern mattress, his bed was more like an old army cot, that the ends of it would fold under for moving, and the mattress was probably no more than two inches thick. (11/18/2009)

By redhatterb

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

When I was younger I worked in a hotel as a maid. If the stain is fresh we sprinkled corn starch on it, then went about cleaning the rest of the rooms going back to the urine stain, vacuumed it and made the bed. At home my grandkids had accidents and I did this, only I covered it with a towel, made the bed then the next day I vacuumed it. (11/20/2009)

By keeper60

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

Citrasolv (11/20/2009)

By muttmom

I need help getting out urine odors from my sister's mattress.

Nikki

Answers:

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

Pour clear rubbing alcohol on the spots. It gets rid of the odor and dries quickly. (06/17/2005)

By Alma

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

Pour vinegar wherever the urine was, let it soak in a short time. Then suction it back out with a carpet machine. I use the Little Green Mean Machine by Bissell (a life saver when you have pet accidents or small children). The vinegar will neutralize the odor and the vinegar smell will go away after it dries. (06/18/2005)

By ehiatt

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

Febreze. I had a problem with little ones not quite potty trained, shampoo the mattress with a "pet odor" product and shampooer (you can rent one at most Walmarts). Then Febreze it up. If you can move the mattress outside to get some fresh air and sun it will dry faster and leave you with a fresh smell. (06/22/2005)

By tamshell

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

20 Mule Team Borax. Dampen the spots, sprinkle the borax on it, let it dry and vacuum it off. It works great for pet odors. If you buy it, the directions are on the side of the box. You can find in the laundry soap aisle and it is only about $3 for a decent size box. Lots of uses. (06/29/2005)

By Sandy in MN

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

Using baby powder then rubbing it in, works well. Just as long as you don't mind the scent of baby powder.
(07/05/2008)

By Andrew

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

Baby powder on fresh urine stains and a fan. Then vacuum. (08/15/2008)

By

Remove Urine Odors From Mattresses

I started using a products called Whiff Whacker, I found it on the internet. I first used it in my garage to remove cat smell and it worked great. The site is: thevetsource.com, but you might do a search for it and see if anyone has it locally. It is a great product and it is all natural. (03/11/2009)

By petsrgreat