Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

I have found the ABSOLUTELY best and fastest way to remove wax from votive candle holders. Just pop the votive in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes and the remaining wax pops right out! This is much easier than many of the other ways I have found.

By Carol from Lancaster, PA

Answers:

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

Wow! She's right! Put the votive in the freezer and that wax just pops right out after about an hour! No mess! Thank you! (11/08/2006)

By Michigan Mom

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

I find that either popping it in the oven for a little while at less than 200 or just sitting it on my candle warmer melts everything..

I can pour it out and wipe clean in a jiffy with paper towel.

Wax to me, is like gold and I use every bit of it. If it's the end of a candle I want to strain out all the wick and black bits with a piece of panty hose.

I keep a special tin soup can for my candle warmer just to use for that. (07/09/2007)

By Sheraone

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

Oh and I meant to say that if you're reusing the wax, popping it in the freezer may possibly add moisture, especially if it has additives in it.

Don't let anyone tell you that popping a wicked candle into a freezer helps it burn longer. It doesn't, and it definitely adds moisture to the wick. (07/09/2007)

By Sheraone

A votive candle holder with a red lit candle it in.
Removing Wax from Votive Candle Holders
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Votive Candles
Using Votive Candles
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
Preventing Wax Residue in Candle Holders
🎉
🎄