Removing Acrylic Nails

It's easy to soak finger tips in a bowl of acetone to remove artificial nails, but how do you do toenails? I don't want to soak my whole foot in the stuff.

By Sharon from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

Removing Acrylic Nails

FYI: you want to avoid acrylic nails on toes, you will run a very high risk of nail fungus and it is very difficult to cure, the meds for it can cause liver damage and don't always take care of it. (05/24/2010)

By yoder178

Removing Acrylic Nails

I just had an idea do not know if it will work or not. Seems like it will. I would soak some cotton balls in nail polish remover until nice and wet. Then I would put one on each toe and wrap aound with medical tape. I am not sure, but seems like that would work with out having to soak in a tub of it. I would wear sandals or something like that to catch any run off of the polish remover. Let me know if this works. (05/25/2010)

By cutepachef

Removing Acrylic Nails

Apply petroleum jelly or Alba brand Un-Petroleum Jelly (if you're sensitive to petroleum based products like I am) to the skin on your toes and around the nail bed to prevent your skin from absorbing the acetone. Try soaking a cotton ball in acetone and using a strip of aluminum foil to hold it in place for 15-20 minutes. Once you take the cotton ball off, the acrylic will immediately start to harden, so gently remove the acrylic from one nail at a time, starting with one of your pinky toes. This gives the acetone a bit more time to work on your bigger toes.

If you do have issues with fungus on your toenails, rub a drop of pure sandalwood oil (it can be a bit spendy for the unadulterated stuff) to each affected nail twice a day until the nail color is normal. This can take a few months to work. This is a safe anti-fungal that does not have the negative effects on your liver that the drugs your doctor can prescribe do. (07/06/2010)

By LKay8

Red Acrylic Nails
Removing Acrylic Nails
sore nails
Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails
Woman looking at nails through a magnifying glass with distaste
Life After Acrylic Nails
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
🎉
🎄