Removing Baby Formula Stains

I was just given a bunch of baby clothes. Some of them are stained with formula and a few have mildew stains. Any suggestion on how to remove the stains?

By duckie43 from Tell City, IN

Answers:

Removing Baby Formula Stains

My BABY is now 36 years old. I was getting out old formula stains in baby clothes I bought for him at garage sales way back then! You need BIZ ( it's an "enzyme" cleaner, not a detergent!) and some non chlorine bleach (like Clorox II). I would take my plastic bucket (3 gal. ?) and dump in about 1/2 cup of BIZ and 1/2 cup dry, non chlorine bleach. Pour in about 1 gallon of the hottest water you have and stir the granules around until they have dissolved. Then add cold water until the bucket is about 2/3rds full. Then submerge the stained clothes in the water. I left some in the mixture for 5 days before all the stains came out, but they all DID come out stain free. I would check them every day and stir them around. I do think the new "Oxy-Clean" products that we have available today would probably be helpful too.

I still use a BIZ and Clorox II "soak" in my washer about every two months just to keep my pastel and white tee-shirts very bright and clean. (06/16/2009)

By Grandma Margie

Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
Baby Formula Scoop
Craft Ideas Using Baby Formula Scoops
Saving Money on Baby Formula, Baby bottle laying on its side with formula in it.
Saving Money on Baby Formula
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄