Removing Blackberry Stains from Clothing

A bowl of blackberries.
Berry stains can be difficult to remove from clothing. This is a guide about removing blackberry stains from clothing.

I had some dark red beverage spilled on our polyester tablecloth and didn't realize it until the next day when I was putting the table back to normal size and taking the tablecloth off.

It so happened I was talking to my friend who told me her granddaughter had thrown up blackberries all over her light colored dress, white shoes, and her mom's dress. My friend scraped off the berry seeds; boiled water and poured the boiling water over the 2 dresses and shoes. Presto! Stains completely gone.

I tried this on my tablecloth - same result! I also poured boiling water over the cloth napkins as some of them had food stains and lipstick on them and the stains came right out. I then took out a very old, delicate lace tablecloth which had some very old coffee and other miscellaneous stains on it. I had been reluctant to toss it but embarrassed to use because of the stains. Presto! After pouring boiling water over the stains, they disappeared!

I think this would work on grass stains, wine stains, or any type of stain. Coffee, tea and lipstick, and hubby's grease-stained clothes are the ones which I've fought with for years. I wish I had known about this when our daughter was a baby and then youth and stained so many beautiful clothes. Now that I know this trick, I'll be saving energy, time and money on stain removal products.

By mfeld from Twin Cities, MN

Is it possible to get a blackberry stain out of my pink shirt?

Donna from Inverness, FL

Spread the fabric over the sink or a bowl and pour very hot water through it. This will remove berry and other fruit stains.

If the clothing hasn't been washed and dried, place the stain over a cup or bowl that can withstand boiling water, and pour boiling water over the stain. It will disapear! I was skeptical, but my mom, who used to be a dry cleaner swore it would work, and it does! This will work with most berry stains!

If it doesn't work or if the stain has already been set, use some oxiclean dissolved in hot water. It should come out.

I am saved!! I am watching my cousins children and one of them got ahold of a blackberry and smeared it all over her new clothes! The pouring hot water trick worked like a charm. Thanks!

I had just brought a new eluminase orange hoodie from new look. I tried the water trick. DON'T USE IT IT DOES NOT WORK! I used cold water and lemon juice. Dab the cold water over the stain then dab lemon juice. Keep doing that for about 10 mins. and it works. If not leave it to dry and then look.

With lots of fear and doubt, I used the boiling water method on blueberry stain and it came right out.

I do pour cold milk over strawberry, blueberry, blackberry or even cherry stains, leave to soak for a few minutes and then wash as usual...it does work wonders!

Berry stains on cloth will be easily removed by pouring boiling water over the stain before washing.

By Robin