Removing Blood from Fabric

Is there an easy way to remove dried (human) blood from white T-shirts? I have had great difficulty in removing dried blood.

Robert

Answers:

Removing Blood from Fabric

I use Lestoil, it is a heavy duty cleaner. It works great. It will turn the dried blood like a muddy green, I use some cold water and work it out, sometimes just letting it sit for a while will help also.

Good Luck

(06/28/2007)

By Kim

Removing Blood from Fabric

Trying laying the t-shirt on the lawn and soaking blood stain with lemon juice. Leave out in the sun. The sunnier the day, the better. (06/29/2007)

By cat lady

Removing Blood from Fabric

I have had good results with either peroxide or Oxiclean. (06/29/2007)

By teddygirl

Removing Blood from Fabric

I've found that liquid dish soap works. Just did it actually. Take liquid dish soap over the stain, rub and rise in COLD WATER. Do that till it comes out and wash as normal. (04/27/2008)

By Lyn

Removing Blood from Fabric

Use shampoo, it works, and cold water, just dab the stain. It doesn't take long at all. (05/13/2008)

By

Removing Blood from Fabric

I have always used peroxide too, until recently. It never really worked that well for me anyway. A surgical nurse told me try salt. I just rinse out as much blood as I can with cold water, and then lay it flat in one of those plastic (not Styrofoam) trays hamburger comes in. Cover it with cold water and pour salt on it. Come back the next day, viola! Blood's gone! I just rinse it out and throw in the wash. I've found it to work much better than peroxide, Oxiclean, or any other cleaner I've tried. (01/20/2009)

By Zyla

Removing Blood from Fabric

Peroxide! pour a little bit on the blood. It bubbles up. Gently wipe off with tissue, pour on more peroxide, let it bubble up, gently dab off blood. The peroxide bubbles and actually turns a foamy brown as it absorbs blood. Nurses do this in the hospital. Good luck. (01/28/2009)

By Angela

Removing Blood from Fabric

Tide + Head and Shoulders + Cold water = NO STAIN!

Today I ended up getting blood on my khaki work pants. In a panic I ran home and checked out some sites on how to remove blood from clothing. I presoaked the stain in Tide laundry detergent then ran cold water from the tub over the stain. I then took a wash cloth and scrubbed as much of the remaining blood as I can. A majority of the blood came out but you could slightly see the stain still. I took the Head and Shoulders shampoo and rubbed it into the pants and rinsed again. There is absolutely no trace of blood on my pants. (02/14/2009)

A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
Photo of a sad puppy laying on the floor.
Puppy With Blood in its Stool
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress
🎉
🎄