Removing Blood from Fabric

How do you remove blood stains from fabrics?

By nickyleroux from South Africa

Answers:

Removing Blood from Fabric

You have to wash it right away in cool water (Not Hot). Spray n wash will work if it is not too dried on, also peroxide. (06/21/2009)

By taka

Removing Blood from Fabric

Oddly enough what removes blood is saliva, the only catch is it has to be the Spit from the person who the blood belong to, this is great for quilters who keep pricking their fingers and leaving little dots of blood if it's a big spot it may take a lot is spit , this even works on minstrel blood. (06/21/2009)

By BABBIE

Removing Blood from Fabric

Run cold water over it then pour some Hydrogen Peroxide on it I rinse and repeat a few times and then wash it in the washer with detergent and cold water. Hydrogen Peroxide will take out just about any protein based stain. (06/21/2009)

By loralea

Removing Blood from Fabric

Oxy Clean has worked miracles for us. (06/22/2009)

By donjweiser

Removing Blood from Fabric

The best way I've found is to soak the item in cold milk overnight and then wash as normal. This idea came from my Grandma. No bio detergents in her time. (06/23/2009)

By blackbess

Removing Blood from Fabric

I use a product called Z'Out. I've had a bottle forever. I bought it at a uniform shop for nurses who need to get blood and vomit out of their uniforms.

Susan in Omaha (06/23/2009)

By susan matthews

Removing Blood from Fabric

In the U.S. it's called Shout. Look in your store for an enzyme-based cleanser. I find it better than peroxide. (06/24/2009)

By tennesue

Removing Blood from Fabric

I found this cleaner at my parents house called Off cleaner and it worked perfect at getting the blood out of my shirt. (02/12/2010)

By jane1212

Removing Blood from Fabric

OMG! I wish I had found you sooner! Seriously, where have you been all my life! lol. Last night I tried a little bit of Tide and a little bit of Head and Shoulders on some dried blood and it worked! Thank you from my brand new knickers! hehe. (07/03/2010)

By tlb1383

A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
Photo of a sad puppy laying on the floor.
Puppy With Blood in its Stool
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress
🎄