Removing Body Odor from Clothing

I need to find a cleaning product, or suggestions, on how to get body odor smells out of clothing.

June from Granby, MA

Answers:

Removing Body Odor from Clothing

Besides vinegar for sweat, try Fabreze fabric spray it works very well on all sorts of fabrics. It is even good for those that are normally dry cleaned and it goes a long way. (11/25/2008)

By pamphyila

Removing Body Odor from Clothing

To remove any nasty smells and odors from your wash, especially smoke from campfires or cigarettes add 1 can of regular Coca-Cola (not sugar free) to your load of was along with your laundry soap. I don't know if a less expensive knockoff brand of Coke will work, but I don't see why not.

I've also found that you can add about a quarter of a cup of white vinegar to your wash or just spray Febreze on it when it's hanging up later on, but the most effective way to remove odors from clothes and laundry is to hang up your things in the sun. This not only freshens them, but you'll save money on power and the UV rays also kill germs too. (11/25/2008)

By Cyinda

Removing Body Odor from Clothing

I helped with flag uniforms for our local high school marching band. We had a girl that had body odor really bad and we used peroxide in the laundry. The odor was gone. We used this after every show and there were no odor at all. Hope this helps. (11/26/2008)

By Nancy

Removing Body Odor from Clothing

I swear by Arm and Hammer Washing Soda. I use 1 cup to a load along with the detergent. Let the
washer agitate for several minutes, then turn off the machine. Allow your wash load to soak for at least an hour in the washer. Turn the washer back on and let it finish.

I would also suggest (if at all possible) line dry
the clothing. Fresh air and sunshine are wonderful
natural deoderizers.

(11/26/2008)

By hedera

Removing Body Odor from Clothing

Don't use vinegar and baking soda together. They neutralize each other, and do nothing. Either one separately could work. (11/27/2008)

By louel53

Removing Body Odor from Clothing

Buy some FRESH-WAVE. It comes in a liquid to add to laundry. It is a great odor remover for anything in it's other forms like crystals or spray. Some ACE hardware stores have it, but most pet stores have it. That is where I buy it. (11/28/2008)

By WIsgal

Removing Body Odor from Clothing

If you need to get body odor from under the arms use alcohol on the shirt, etc., no need to wash it. Let dry, if it still is there then you need to wash it as the others suggest. Good luck. (01/25/2009)

By k w

A woman washing stinky clothing.
Removing Body Odor Smell From Clothing
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Leather Chair
Removing Body Odor from Leather
Upholstered couch.
Removing Body Odor From Furniture
🎉
🎄