Removing Bugs from Your Car

Removing Bugs from Your Car
Summer driving can often result in the grill of your car being covered in bugs. Get your car clear of bugs with these helpful tips. This is a guide about removing bugs from your car.

My Air Force buddy came to visit me from Oregon and the front of his car just covered with bugs. His wife said can you give me a little baking soda? I said sure, she mixed it with some car wash soap in a 5 gallon bucket. Took a wash cloth and proceeded to wash off the bugs. Gave it a rinse. They were gone, clean gone off the front of the car. Remember how we would rub and rub with those tar and bug solutions and still get no where? That "stuff" really works.

By daswede from Beecher IL.

Tips for removing bugs that are stuck to your car's windshield or paint. Post your ideas.

According to The Queen of Clean, bugs and tar will come off your car using a small amount of linseed oil. Apply to a rag then to car and rub.

WD40 also works great here in NE Georgia where we have pine trees and lots of sap.

Use a WET dryer sheet like Bounce on the area...works great to get the bugs off.

Fantastic Spray works on bumpers, chrome, hood andwindshield. No scrubbing, no residue.

My husband drives a cab that he has to clean after each ride. He asked me to make up my 'special' glass cleaner because it works better than the products the company had purchased. I mix a few drops of Dawn liquid dishwashing soap with about a tablespoon of ammonia, 1/4 cup of vinegar and water to fill a spray bottle that holds about 32 oz. Shake it before you spray it on. Leave it at least 2 minutes then use a rag to wipe it off. If you have a lot of bugs that have been there awhile, leave the spray on for 5-10 minutes before wiping.

Plain old Vegetable oil; cheap and effective and does not remove your wax!

A roofer was taring a roof nearby on a breezy day resulting with spots on my car. After informing him and apologizing to me he showed me this cleaning trick...A panty hose with white vinegar rubbed on each spot. Works on bugs also. Doesn't scratch either. Than rinse. Been using it since.

For years, we have used Avon Skin-so-soft oil to both remove bugs & as a bug preventative. (Used to live in FL during Love bug season). Remove: Wet a rag with SSS and wipe off bugs. To prevent: Wash your car as usual, then dampen clean rag with SSS & wipe the bumper, hood & anywhere else on your car you get bugs. Not your windshield, even though a very fine one, it still IS oil and might smear the glass making it less clear to view through. We also did this just prior to long highway trips. You still get some bugs on the car but they rinse right off with a hose.

How do I remove bugs from the front of a vehicle? I have heard to use kerosene, but am not sure if this will damage the paint.

By Mick

I've heard that a Mr Clean magic eraser sponge works great for removing bugs from cars.

Someone on here not long ago suggested a damp dryer sheet the ones that soften your clothes in the dryer. I tried it and it took off the love bugs that we have here in FL that are so hard to remove and didn't harm my car at all. I hardly had to use any elbow grease!

I fill a spray bottle with baking soda and water and spray the bugs - let sit just a bit then scrub with nylon net. Works good!

Do not use Magic Eraser on your car paint. It will damage the surface as it is an abrasive. Kerocene will not damage your paint, but it is terribly smelly. I wash my car at the car wash where they have a special solution that is used as a presoak. I suspect it is just something like a dishwashing soap, slightly diluted. I would use Dawn.

WD40 works fine on our vehicles and hasn't marked up the paintwork at all - worth a shot!

What is an easy way to clean bugs off of a vehicle?

Answers

Spray down your car and wipe with used dryer sheets.

I have a 2011 Camaro, and I hate bugs on it. A friend gave me the cleaning product Fantastik Orange Action to remove bugs. It works great, but will the orange oil mess up the paint?

By Shannon W.

Be careful! I was told I shouldn't even use dish detergent on my car. It can mess up the clear coat. Be safe and go to an auto parts store and purchase something made for it

Use baking soda on a moist sponge and they just soften right up and wash off. Easy and inexpensive, and won't scratch the finish!

Dyann