Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle

Does anyone how to descale a kettle? How often should I descale it?

By H.Arnott from UK

Answers:

Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle

Pour vinegar in it and let it sit for a few hours. You could heat the kettle as well, to speed up the chemical reaction. There are also stronger descalers for sale in the hardware store or grocery store, or you could use CLR. Descale it whenever there appears to be significant build-up. Kettles take longer to boil when there is a lot of scale. (12/22/2009)

By louel53

Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle

I'd use vinegar to clean it now. To prevent having buildup again, get a furr collector. It is a little thing of wound up wire and it will go through the opening in the tea kettle. I got mine in London (while on a great trip) years ago and I still use it. (12/22/2009)

By suzin

Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle
Wooden Spoon Stirring Kettle Corn
Kettle Corn Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
🎉
🎄