Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle

I bought a second hand kettle from my charity shop, but never checked the inside. So, I need to really descale it. Can you use ordinary malt vinegar or cider vinegar, as all the tips say to use white vinegar? I just wondered what the difference is? Many thanks.

By Helen from UK

Answers:

Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle

You could use malt or cider vinegar as well; sometimes they are more expensive here in North America, so that is why white is suggested. As I said in a previous post, you might look for a special kettle descaling product or CLR if you have that product in the UK. Either would be a stronger acid, which would speed up the process if there is a lot of scale. (05/24/2010)

By louel53

Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle

I have used this. Cut a lemon in quarters and put in the kettle. Fill with water and boil. Then rinse out it works great. You may need to do this a couple of times. (05/25/2010)

By shellmax

Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle

I use borax. I put it in, add a little water to make a paste, let it sit for 30 minutes or so and scrub with a sponge. Rinse out well and several times. This is an all natural product so I would not suggest eating it, it is safe to use this way. (05/25/2010)

By cutepachef

Removing Build Up from Tea Kettle
Wooden Spoon Stirring Kettle Corn
Kettle Corn Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
🎉
🎄