Removing Burn Marks from Stainless Steel Pot

I was heating water in a stainless steel pot and forgot it. It is scorched and burned. How can I get this cleaned?

By Melee from Los Angeles, CA

Answers:

Use a timer so you will not forget things. I use them all the time. Good luck. (10/23/2009)

By kffrmw88

If you have distilled vinegar and a soft cloth, just soak a bit of the cloth in the vinegar and rub. It takes a lot of elbow grease but it will come off eventually. I also use a product called Bar Keeper's Friend. It is in a tall container like Ajax. If it's really bad it may take a combo of both techniques. (10/23/2009)

By MRSBUNNY

I have good luck using stainless steel scrubbers and Barkeeper's Friend. I think I bought my current two stainless scrubbers at Walmart. They last for years, don't rust, and are very easy to rinse clean! I only have to replace mine periodically due to spouse or sons taking them outside to clean lawn tools, etc. and forgetting to bring them back. (10/23/2009)

By Kathryen

Yep, Barkeeper's Friend is the best product for this. The other suggestion (like if you're between paychecks, and can't afford to just buy some) is either Comet or something of that ilk. It's harder on your hands, but it works! Good luck and don't worry, it will come off! At least your pan didn't get warped. (10/26/2009)

By leopardstripes

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎉
🎄