Removing Burned on Food from Pans

I burned macaroni in my Revereware pan. Now it is really black and stuck. I have been soaking with hot soapy water and scrubbing with SOS pad. Help.

By Victoria from Southern CA

Answers:

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Try putting some dishwashing liquid and water in the pan and bring it to a boil. Let it cool and then try your SOS pad again. Wish I could say it never happened to me, but every once in awhile it does. Copper bottomed pans heat up quickly and hold the heat, hence the "bonus" of burned on food. (04/03/2010)

By tahloolabelle

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Put the pan inside a small garbage bag. Pour in enough ammonia to cover the burnt areas in the pan. Tie a knot in the bag so that it is air tight. Place outside or in garage to avoid fumes. Let set overnite. It should come out easily. (04/03/2010)

By tami333

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Easy off oven spray will do it (04/06/2010)

By Ann Parker

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Use Arm and Hammer washing soda. Put about 1/4 cup in pan and then hot water. Let soak. It should help. This soda is hard to find in groceries these days. You can also try hardware stores. If you can't find it, it can be ordered from Arm and Hammer. I just ordered some. (04/06/2010)

By moravice

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

I have used this so many times and it's the best.

Rinse the burned pot as best as you can. After rinsing, reload with warm water and soap then add a dryer sheet and let it soak over night. The next morning just wipe it out and wash. It all just floats off. Hope this works for you.

Nancy in Texas. (04/06/2010)

By ncwsouthland

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Put the pot/pan on the stove filled with enough water to cover the burned on food. Then bring it to a boil and simply rub/scratch the burned on food with a rubber spatula while it is still boiling. This has worked for me every time. Good Luck

(05/06/2010)

By Shannon

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
A pot with food stuck to the lid.
Preventing Food from Sticking
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎄