Browsing: Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

I was recently given a microwave oven and it has a burnt smell. The previous owner was heating up a wheat bag and it burnt and now the oven has an unpleasant smell.

How can I remove the smell?

Maggie

Answers:
Vinegar and Lemon 01/05/2005
Wipe the inside completely with vinegar and water and rinse. Then chop up a lemon and put in a microwave safe dish with a cup of water. Heat on high for two or three minutes and let stand for 5 more. Repeat as required, but don't burn the lemon!

Good luck.

By beanygurl
Vanilla 01/05/2005
I have had that problem with garlic! It smelled horrible. But if you take and place a container of water with about 1 tbsp. of vanilla in it and heat until boiling. Leave it in the microwave for about an hour and then if it is not completely gone, repeat it a few times and it will disappear. It only took once on mine. It was great!
By MissMichelle
Tea Bags 01/21/2005
My uncle came into town with a bag of microwaveable pork rinds (I know, don't ask!) when he left them in there about 30 seconds too long (as if it makes a difference with pork skin!). Well, actually it did make a difference because now it smells, as a neighbor put it, like burnt hair. I gave up hope on the microwave untll a friend told me about putting three tea bags in 10 ounces of water and heating it until it boiled. The burnt hair smell is gone. Hope this helps!
By Chauncey Gardner (Guest Post)
Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave 02/25/2006
Is the individual who posted on Jan 21, 2005 REALLY named Chauncey Gardner, or was this an alias taken from "Being There", a short novel made into a movie starring Peter Sellers.

Just curious. Thanks

Editor's Note: Because Chauncey Gardner posted as a Guest (anonymous) we really don't know nor do we have any way to contact this person. We encourage posters to register so we are able to contact them if necessary or ask them questions about their posts but just as you have Darryl, Guest posters we have no way to contact.
Susan from ThriftyFun(/b)

By Daryl B. GUEST POST (Guest Post)

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 8:23:47 PM on 10.0.0.84 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.