I burnt bacon in the microwave and need to know how to clean it, please?
By Beverly from Jacksonville, FL
Well, the inside of microwaves is plastic, which does absorb odors. I would try baking soda with a little water in it (powered substances can catch fire sometimes). Or I might put water in a bowl, with a little bleach in it and zap for a minute. Leave for an hour, then wash and dry every surface in microwave and air out overnight. By little bleach I mean 1/2 teaspoon or less, not more. (02/02/2010)
OK. I have one that I didn't read here. I had a friend who burnt popcorn in his microwave. It stunk. He was going to throw it away, so I suggested we unplug it and squirt kitchen cleaner down the back vents to see what would happen. A ton of black gunk rolled out of the inside vents into the bottom of the microwave. We cleaned that up and let it dry for a couple days. When we plugged it back in we were prepared for anything (yes, we had a fire extinguisher handy). It worked perfectly and there has been no smell. It is still working. (02/08/2010)
1/2 lemon and a tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl of water, microwave on high about 5 minutes, till water boils, then wipe the moisture out of the microwave, it should be sweet smelling when your done. (02/10/2010)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!