Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

How do I get the smell of burnt popcorn out of the microwave?

By Allyn

Answers:

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

My answer to everything: oranges! Always keep some on hand for just such disasters as burning food in the kitchen. Cut an orange into fourths, and heat it in the microwave just until it's hot enough to give the oven an orangey smell, do not burn it, or you'll have two problems. Cut two or three more oranges up, and lay them on plates elsewhere in the kitchen. The citrus odor will eventually overpower the burnt odor, and your sanity will be restored. :) (10/19/2010)

By WildIrish

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

Well there is not much you can really do except orange like someone else said. If I were you I'd put some baking soda in there too just clean it and it usually helps the smell a little. Good luck! (10/19/2010)

By beckyschmecky

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

Well, when I did it, I tried everything I could think of and nothing helped, so I bought a new one. The smelly one set around for a year or so, but when I had to use it again the smell was gone. So I guess time will get rid of the smell.

Penny (10/20/2010)

By pjcustar

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

I think it eventually goes away on its own. The kids at school used to burn popcorn on a fairly regular basis and the microwaves didn't smell for too long. (10/21/2010)

By louel53

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄