Browsing: Cleaning Candle Wax from Wood Furniture

Removing Candle Stain on Wood

I blew a red candle out and the wax went on the wood table beneath it. I was able to remove the wax by gently scraping it off, but the wood is now stained red.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the red stain?

Peter

Answers:

Eraser

I spilled light colored wax from a candle on an unfinished pine cabinet. After picking the wax off, I got the stain out using a white staedtler "mars plastic" eraser and rubbing really hard. Seems to have worked! (01/26/2005)

By Jen

Warm Iron

I spilt a large green candle on a handmade wood coffee table. Unfortunately, I tried to scrape off the wax when it was still warm and scratched the table a bit. Once dry I tried the eraser idea with a pink eraser (on the end of a pencil), but it didn't work. I then tried a warm iron on a paper towel and it worked like a charm. Thanx for the ideas! (06/05/2005)

By Carey

Removing Candle Stain on Wood

Peter, The exact thing happened to me the candle wax popped off easily in one piece but there's a big red stain. Did you have any luck getting it out? (07/24/2005)

By Denise

Iron

I spilt a red candle on a wooden chest and I tried a few of the other tips I heard; toothpaste just made it alot lighter (everything including the wood). I then tried the warm iron over a paper towel and this got it out a lot better, although not totally. (08/30/2005)

By jeni

Candle wax dripping down side of container and wood stand
Cleaning Candle Wax from Wood Furniture
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 1:10:05 PM on 10.0.0.237 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.