Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

An aromatherapy candle dripped onto the carpet. I have scraped some off, how do I remove the rest?

Sylvia from Queensland, Australia

Answers:

Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

WOW, I know this is an old post that keeps going and going but I had to add my 2 cents! I sell candles and am an avid burner for over 15 years and have heard of this method but LUCKILY never had to use it. Well, that changed the other night! A bright red candle fell over and a TON of wax ended up on the carpet. I rent so this was a huge deal to me. This was an expensive, deeply red colored candle (some of the cheaper ones I buy don't have as much coloring in them and wouldn't be as hard to clean up!) and really made a huge pile when it fell.

I first scraped up as much as I could while it was hard and then vacuumed it up. There was still a lot that would not come up with any type of scraping so I went for it with the iron and brown paper bags - I also used paper towels but they did not work as well as the brown paper bags did. It was amazing how quickly the wax came up into that bag!! I went over it a few times, some areas needed more "go-overs" than others but there is nothing left!

Nothing in the fibers and no color on the carpet! I thought for sure I'd have to clean the color out of the carpet after doing the wax but I didn't - it took care of everything! What a great idea - it saved me! (12/19/2007)

By Stephanie

Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

The iron tip was fantastic!! Last night I spilled a red holiday candle onto my brand new beige carpet. I used paper towels and hot iron was got awesome results!! Took out nearly all the color...the faintest pink spot was left which then came out entirely with some goof-off. thank you thank you thank you for this tip! (12/23/2007)

By lilvoices