Removing Candle Wax from Jars

What's the best way to remove a large amount of candle wax from a jar that has a much more narrow opening than the base of the candle jar?

I was thinking of letting it sit in boiling water and slowly scooping out with a spoon, but maybe someone here has an idea that will work better.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Answers:

Removing Candle Wax from Jars

Your idea of melting the wax and scooping it out with a spoon is good but I can't see it taking out all the wax. If you do that for the majority of wax leaving a layer of wax still on the bottom, place jar in freezer after it cools, freeze thoroughly, remove and the wax should lift right up by prying it with something. (11/07/2009)

By krystieboh

Removing Candle Wax from Jars

Thanks a bunch, krystieboh! I knew about the freezing but knew it wouldn't work with the amount remaining in the jar I am wanting to remove it from but you make a good point about getting that last bit of residue out and I appreciate it and will be using your suggestion ;-) (11/07/2009)

By Deeli

Removing Candle Wax from Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax
🎄