Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

How can I remove candle wax out of a tablecloth? I did not realize the candle holder had a crack in it and it leaked on my new tablecloth.

Thanks for the help!

Toehead from Loranger, LA

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

Take brown paper bags from the grocery store; place the bags on each side of wax stain. Press the top bag with a warm iron, without using the steam, until the wax melts into the bags and away from your tablecloth. (06/18/2004)

By Anita

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

Put an ice pack on it to freeze it. Remove as much of the frozen wax as possible. Any remaining wax can be removed by pressing the tablecloth lightly between 2 pieces of pressing paper or paper bag using a warm iron. (06/18/2004)

By Patticat

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

I would suggest not using the freezing method. Although it is proven to work, it can also make the wax even harder to remove. Use the hot ironing method; it's much easier, and also much more effective. (12/26/2005)

By Mary Kate.

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

I have heard that putting a wax dripped object in the freezer will permit the wax to be flicked off. It's worth a try. It won't harm the item. (12/19/2006)

By cookwie

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

I had candle wax spill all over the top of my stove top. I took a paper towel and used low heat with my iron and it came right up. (12/20/2006)

By Janelle

Two Lit Candles in the Dark
Cleaning Candle Wax from a Tablecloth
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery