Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

Candle wax has spilled and hardened all over a cotton tablecloth. I have heard there are ways to remove it, but I am not having much success. Anyone out there able to help me save my tablecloth?

By kaplunk from Faber, VA

Answers:

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

I have had much success with using a folded paper towel placed over the area. You can use an iron over the paper. This will heat up the wax to the place where the towel will absorb most of it. Hope this helps! (01/13/2010)

By caninecodependent

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

Just make sure that the paper (any white paper will do - printer paper is fine) is on the bottom and the tablecloth (with candle side down) is on top of it before ironing. We held candles in my college sorority for ceremonies and I've ironed wax out of many dresses this way too! Good luck! (01/17/2010)

By mymagicword

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

I also recommend the ironing method. I used newspaper. Be sure to put the paper both over and under the wax stain. You may have an oily spot left or a bit of color, which should come out with your usual stain remover - Shout or something like that. (01/17/2010)

By louel53

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

I have tried ice on the wax and this will allow you to peel off the wax. If it is a white tablecloth, wash in detergent and bleach. (01/17/2010)

By Pennypacer

Removing Candle Wax from a Tablecloth

I just had this happen at Christmas. The freezing thing didn't work. It may depend upon the weave of the table cloth fabric and how much wax is spilled. The ironing thing did work though. I used a brown paper bag and no steam. (01/20/2010)

By Beth

Two Lit Candles in the Dark
Cleaning Candle Wax from a Tablecloth
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
🎉
🎄