Removing Carpet Dents

I was moving furniture, now have carpet dents. I need to remove them, having new furniture delivered in an hour. The carpet is Berber.

Jodi from KY

Answers:

Removing Carpet Dents

I just got Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook and it says to place ice cubes where the pile is crushed and the fibers will swell as they absorb the water. Follow up by blotting the area with a dry towel and vacuum to straighten the fibers. (12/15/2006)

By mef1957

Removing Carpet Dents

The ice cube method works well for removing furniture dents, but make sure that the water doesn't damage the carpet, carpet backing, or subfloor.

If you use an iron, make sure to put it on "steam" setting and don't place it directly on the carpet or it will burn the fibers. Use a brush to pull the fibers and blend them in with the rest of the carpet. (10/02/2008)

By LV_JENN

Removing Carpet Dents

Let me tell you, Mr. Skeptical (me) tried the steam/towel method. I used it on some dents that were from furniture that hasn't moved in 4 yrs. It worked great. (03/29/2009)

By Cntrymscdj

Furniture Dents from Carpet
Removing Furniture Dents from Carpet
Lampshade
Repairing Dents in Lampshades
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
🎉
🎄