Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet

I had to put my cat down after she developed stones. I want to get a new kitten, but I'm afraid he will urinate in the spot on the carpet where my other cat did when she was sick. Please advise as to how I can prevent this?

By Bridget from Fredericksburg

Answers:

Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet

Have you used anything yet on the spot? It is important to use a "neutralizer". We use Nature's Miracle. It is in liquid form. After an accident, you need to sop up all the liquid you can with paper towels. Then pour NM right on the spot and let it sit for a few minutes. Then use paper towels again to bring up that liquid. You will see in the paper towel how it has treated and lifted much of the urine left.

If the spot had been treated with the wrong cleaner, it could be "set" in the carpet. Short of removing the carpet, you could try placing something over the spot. We had trouble with one of our dogs as a pup. He kept going to the same spot. So along with the NM, we put our recently worn T-shirts over the spot so he would smell us and not want to pee there. It worked. Best wishes. (12/27/2009)

By caninecodependent

Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet

I have used a product called "Out" and it seems to work pretty good, but can be costly. So I used Mr. Clean with Febreze and that seems to do a nice job. I have 5 cats and yes they do have accidents. So I clean up all wetness with paper toweling then shampoo area with Mr. Clean. I also used it in the washer on some bath towels that a cat peed on. Mr clean removed all odors there, too. Good luck. (12/29/2009)

By lildinks

cat on carpet
Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
🎉
🎄