Removing Cat Spray Odor Inside the House

We went on holiday, putting our cat in the cattery but forgetting to lock the cat flap. A tom cat has been in the living room and sprayed it. Yuck! We've had some success with warm water and white vinegar, but does anyone have any other ideas, please? We'd be very grateful.

By Susan

Use the white vinegar full strength. Repeat as necessary. Walmart has a relatively inexpensive enzyme/odor product in the pet section. But if you apply where you have already applied the white vinegar, be sure to go over that area with basic soap and water and dry before applying enzymes as I don't know what the acid of the vinegar might do to affect the enzymes. But vinegar full strength might do it alone.

Get a black light and turn it on in a dark room. The urine marks will show up but only when using a black light. Treat the areas where the animal urine is showing up with the black light. (You'll be amazed at how it shoes up I know I was when we had the same similar problem). This way you can see everywhere the cat sprayed and treat the areas that need to be treated. Make sure your cat does not mark his or her territory because they can smell another cat in their domain now.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing!

I forgot to say as PIKKA stated Walmart has a relatively inexpensive enzyme odor product OR any near by pet shop OR vet shop would sell the stuff needed too. The sprayed areas will show up with the black light, then treat those areas with the odor enzyme product.

Vodka in a spray bottle and reapply as necessary.

I used straight venegar in area I saw my outdoor cat did in my chair! Worked right a way and so far I'm spraying it in area and its taken some when he sprays and I just smelled!

Striped kitten with red collar.
Cleaning Cat Spray
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 5, 2011
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle