AdviceCleaning

Removing Chrome Shower Basket from Fiberglass Wall

A few years ago I installed a self-sticking chrome basket to the Fiberglas wall of my shower. Now parts of the chrome are showing rust and I want to remove it without damaging the shower. Has anyone successfully removed these things before?

By oSandi

Try using some cooking oil, lube up the area around the stick'ums holding the basket on. There is always liquid soap. Get a plastic putty knife from the hardware store to use in lifting what you can, how much you can. That won't scratch it.

Once off, and you still have gunk on the walls? I have used plain old table salt, rub it around on the gunk to create little rolling balls, and keep rolling it around till off. My biggest trial where this worked? My boys dropped a can of contact rubber cement on the new kitchen floor. I screamed. I cried. Then sat down to see what was in the cupboard. The salt was wonderful, then was able to clean up the small things after that.