Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

How do I get cigarette smoke out of the house?

By Anastasia from Berkeley, CA

Answers:

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

For me, the only way I got rid cigarette smoke smell is washing my walls with bleach. You don't have to use lots of bleach. 1% will do it, and wash anything where you can use bleach. Covering the smelling just isn't enough. Try it! (08/06/2010)

By lilcookie

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

Keeping in mind to keep this up and out of the way of kids and pets, try a bowl of household ammonia, either the clear or yellow kind. Our first home was a used mobile home, and the previous owners were heavy smokers. While we were about redoing and cleaning the inside, I would put a bowl out, leaving windows and doors open while we were inside.

Then when we were done for the day and left, close all of the windows and doors, and the smell will be gone in no time.
Of course, if it is so bad that it has stained the walls (the yellow cigarette grease was even inside the refrigerator, coating the walls!), washing them down with vinegar, pine oil, or bleach should help. (08/07/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

You will need to also professionally steam clean the carpet with a service like Stanley Steamer, not the rental or do it yourself ones. This will help infinitely. A dehumidifier will also help a lot. Good luck. (08/10/2010)

By yoder178

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

I use to clean bars that smelled terrible from cigarette smoke and we used OdoBan to clean with, it also kills 99.99% of germs; it's wonderful. I use it everyday in my home. You can use it on lots of things. Give it a shot. You can buy it at Wal-mart or Sam's club. Hope this helps! (10/14/2010)

By cathy45

cigarette smoke odors
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A man smoking a cigarette and wearing a black leather jacket.
Removing Cigarette Smell from Leather Jacket
Child sniffing and hugging large stuffed bear
Cleaning Cigarette Smoke Odors on Stuffed Toys
🎉
🎄