Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

How do I get the smell of cigarettes out of a room?

By Betty from Houston, TX

Answers:

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

Try setting out a few small bowls of white vinegar. You may need to scrub your walls to remove the nicotine. And don't forget to clean the a/c vent. (03/05/2010)

By beckybd

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

After my mother visits (she is a smoker) I set out 2 glass bowls with regular cleaning ammonia in them, where they are out of reach of kids/pets. I leave them out for 4-8 hours, and then discard. (03/06/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

I have got to let you know about Room Shocker product. My husband and I found the home of our dreams about 10 months ago. I was so sad when I walked into the home and smelled a horrible cigarette odor everywhere. We are not smokers and I am very sensitive to the smell. If we were going to live there, we had to remove the odor. We almost didn't buy the home because of it.

After doing a lot of research, I found Biocide Systems products. The testimonials convinced me that we could get the smell out. We bought two room shocker bundles (total 8 units). I was amazed when we entered the home after 24 hours. The smell was gone. We already had painters scheduled, so we went ahead and painted. But, I really don't think we would have had to paint.

It's been over 10 months now and none of the smell has come back. The smell of my home is one of the first impressions that a visitor gets and it's very important to me. Because of this product, we were able to buy the home of our dreams. (03/18/2010)

By Marisol72