Removing Cigarette Smoke Smell from a Mattress

Cigarette smoke can permeate everything in a smoker's home. Some items are more difficult to clean of the odor than others. This is a guide about removing cigarette smoke smell from a mattress.

October 17, 2005 Flag

I hope someone can help me. I was given a new mattress (but) it was in a room at the other end of a house that caught fire. How can I get that smoke smell out.

Please help,
Grady from Louisiana

I also am looking to get a smoke smell out - but a cigarette smoke smell out - we have just received a 3 month old mattress from family friends but they are heavy smokers and we never really realized how bad it was until it was brought into our house - which is non smoking... I need to find something quick as it is an awful smell..

I am in Calgary, AB Canada - It has been suggested to me to try a few different products but I have had no luck

Mine is also cigarette smoke and so far my idea has helped tremendously. Here's what I'm doing:

Strip the bed, sprinkle powdered carpet deodorizer

(example: ... untain/dp/B0009Q61GM/?tag=thrif06-20

I was "priveleged" to be the keeper of a king sized bed, from our extended family. It was about 10 years old and it had a strong odor. A friend went to the janitorial supply store that sells to the public, and got an enzyme product for me to spray on the set. It was something that I mixed with water and let dry. I soaked the cover and even did the under side of the box springs- - everywhere and let it dry a couple of days to let all those enzymes do their stuff. And it came out beautifully.

Try Febreeze. Many people have commented that it really works and smells great too! Timonty from Find mattress reviews tips here.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 26, 2013
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cigarette Smoke
Removing Cigarette Smoke Smell From a Painting
Cigarette Smoke Odors
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From a House