Removing Cigarette Smoke Smell from a Mattress

Cigarette smoke can permeate everything in a smoker's home. Some items are more difficult to clean of the odor than others. This is a guide about removing cigarette smoke smell from a mattress.

Mattress

October 17, 2005 Flag

I hope someone can help me. I was given a new mattress (but) it was in a room at the other end of a house that caught fire. How can I get that smoke smell out.

Please help,
Grady from Louisiana

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mine is also cigarette smoke and so far my idea has helped tremendously. Here's what I'm doing:

Strip the bed, sprinkle powdered carpet deodorizer

(example: http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Carpet-Deodorizer-Mountain/dp/B0009Q61GM/)

on the mattress and leave it on all day. At the end of the day vacuum it off. Repeat this a few times, also flipping the mattress.

Just be sure to vacuum it well, else you'll be sneezing. ;)

Also, I've saved a bunch of old dryer sheets. I place them side by side, up and down, on top of the box spring between it and the mattress.

These have really made a difference. Good luck and please let us know what finally did work!

I was "priveleged" to be the keeper of a king sized bed, from our extended family. It was about 10 years old and it had a strong odor. A friend went to the janitorial supply store that sells to the public, and got an enzyme product for me to spray on the set. It was something that I mixed with water and let dry. I soaked the cover and even did the under side of the box springs- - everywhere and let it dry a couple of days to let all those enzymes do their stuff. And it came out beautifully.

Try Febreeze. Many people have commented that it really works and smells great too! Timonty from http://ww.BestMattressReviews.com Find mattress reviews tips here.

At Bed, Bath and Beyond or similar home furnishing stores, you can get waterproof zippered mattress covers. Cover the mattress and no more stink.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 26, 2013
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cigarette Smoke
Removing Cigarette Smoke Smell From a Painting
Cigarette Smoke Odors
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From a House
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 10:32:49 AM on 10.0.0.149 in 530 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.