Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

My son played in Cooperstown this week where they play on a clay field. I cannot get the red clay stains out of his baseball pants. Any suggestions? FYI, the pants can not be bleached and must be washed in cold water because they are 100% polyester.

Karen

Answers:

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Try using shout gel. I work with clay in pottery- lizzela - which is orange and it stained my light jeans, even after a wash. I then used shout gel and oxy clean and almost all of the stains were removed. (08/10/2005)

By zoombit

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

My son plays a lot of baseball, I always have to use bleach to get out all those stains. His pants are polyester too. The bleach doesn't hurt them at all. Don't you just love baseball, we sure do! Good luck to him. (08/11/2005)

By jojo

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Try using a bar of zest soap (08/11/2005)

By klr2080

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Try oxyclean. I use it for all of my whites. I start the washer with hot water, add about 5 large scoops and when it dissolves, I switch the water to cold. I add all of our socks, white t-shirts, towels, plus any stained items. Let it agitate for about 5 minutes and then let them soak overnight or at least 6 hours. Run through the regular cycle, and then I run it again with detergent though that is probably not necessary. (08/11/2005)

By Ann

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Use powered Cascade for the dishwasher. About 1 cup to a large wash. I've used it for years on my son's baseball pants. (08/21/2005)

By Brenda

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Hi,
1 cup of Cascade seems like an awful lot. I'd use much less to start, maybe 1/8 to 1/4 cup.
Susan from ThriftyFun (08/21/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Use Eisco's Clay Mate, and Grass & Blood Remover (which is part of their Clubhouse Kit Line of Products, carried by Modell's). Or Call Brad for information on the entire Clubhouse Kit line 877-CLUB-KIT (258-2548)

Great products!
(12/20/2005)

By A.S.

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Try clubhousekit.com they provide the same products for all professional baseball teams (01/18/2006)

By Howard

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

We have all clay fields here also. But, someone turned me on to 'fels-naptha'. It is a bar of soap for laundry purposes. It works! I just wash the pants, rub the bar on the stains and rub it in real well, then throw them back in the washer. Try it! (03/28/2007)

By SHARON

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

My client LaundriTek, Inc. based out of Arizona introduced a new cleaning product: The "Cleaning Agent" that takes care of your cleaning needs.

MLB Teams are now using our product to remove the new red-clay that is being used in baseball fields

Please phone 602-410-5673 or email shdmarketing AT yahoo.com and receive more information on the product. (05/20/2007)

By Owner of SHD Marketing & Distribution

RE: Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Hi Karen,

I am a manufacturer who sells a commercial product to the professional baseball teams called "Slide Out". It will remove old or new red clay stains immediately upon spraying it on. It is sold as a two part kit consisting of 1 gallon of Part 1 solution and 1 gallon Part 2 solution. You also get a dual chamber spray bottle that mixes the two products together at point of use to activate and remove the stain. It never...yes I did say NEVER fails. Call me at 623-326-7945 to discuss delivery and pricing.
Mark (06/04/2007)

By Mark

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

We make a product called Clay Mate clubhousekit.com. As long as you did not dry the uniform the clay should come out. I would also suggest washing in at least warm. Nothing comes clean in cold. If the pants look bad to begin with you have nothing to lose. (10/22/2007)

By Brad

Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Use dishwasher detergent. This gets clay and mud out. Just put it in with your regular detergent. It works wonders, you'll see. (07/19/2008)

By stacey

A young boy in a baseball uniform.
Cleaning a Baseball Uniform
Papier Mache Clay
Papier Mache Clay Recipe
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🎉
🎄