Removing Color Run Stains from White Clothing

I washed my two favorite scrub tops together, and it ruined both of them. Apparently, there was some bleach left in my washer or an item with bleach on it left in my washer. One of the tops was dark in color. It left several light green stains on my white top. I rewashed the top seperately and this lightened the green stains a very small amount. I tried soaking the top overnight in Oxiclean, but this had no effect. I also tried applying regular bleach (full strength) to the stains and left it on for approximately 1 hour. Again, there was no change. Do you have any suggestions for removing these green color run stains? I am willing to try almost anything.

If it is of a cotton material, I would wash the white one with the bleach and oxyclean several times. I would think it would lighten up and disappear after several washings. Do not dry it as heat can set it. As for the dark one, you may have to use rit color remover and possibly redye it.

You do not say what happened to your dark top so if it is not spotted, maybe a salt or vinegar soak will help bring some color back.

Your white top may not be all cotton? Be careful with any product containing bleach is it is a mixture of any material other than cotton as it will turn it yellow.

I always tell people to try water and sunshine because it works ao well that many times nothing else is needed. Lay your white top in sunshine and keep it wet for at least a day or longer, even outside overnight is good because dew also helps. (Do you ever remember hearing how people used to lay their linens on grass overnight and then in sunshine to keep them white?) I do not do that but I use sunshine before I try any cleaning solutions - especially bleach as it tends to weaken material and will cause it to wear out quicker.

For the light top, you could try dabbing the stains with hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip. For the darker top, you can try to get a matching marker or fabric paint.