Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

I need advice on washing the set in stains on clothing such as mayonnaise, oil, butter, etc. and getting the stain out if it has already been washed and dried.

Djxn from Colfax, CA

Answers:

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

Use Stanley Degreaser which can be purchased from Stanley Home Products. They also have a company web site.

I don't sell the stuff, but I do buy it online.

ss (07/13/2007)

By savvysewer

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

Old Masters handsoap works wonders. You can buy it in Michael's crafts, for just a few dollars a bar. It removes oil paint, ink, grease, etc. from clothing. I just rub some into the stain and let sit a few minutes and it usually washes the stain right out. Have used on fresh stains and previously washed and dried stains. I highly recommend it. In fact I need to get up there to get a bar myself. (07/17/2007)

By B Kele

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

I bought the new Shout Advanced Set in Stain Remover. It did a good job on a set in chocolate stain that had been washed and dried many time. I tried it just to see if it would work, and it did. It also got out a ink stain on a work vest. (07/18/2007)

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

Ditto for the Dawn. You may have to use it more than once, but it's cheap and works great. And can often be used even after stains have been heat-set to save clothing. (07/19/2007)

By susanmajp

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

I found this somewhere else on the ThriftyFun site and it works wonders for getting cooking oil out of clothes:

everylastpenny.com (07/26/2007)

By M Tanbrooke

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

Dawn can stain some clothes if it is left on too long, so be careful with dark colors. I know this question was a while back, but I'm new and have an answer. For oil stains, even old ones, pile baby powder in a mound over the stain. Let it sit over night, shake out and then wash as usual. It removes a majority of our oil stains. (08/05/2007)

By Nicole

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

I used the baby powder suggestion on a huge grease stain on my favorite sweatshirt and it worked. I was amazed. It worked even when the stain appeared to be set-in. Thanks to the person that posted the suggestion. (05/29/2008)

By Elise

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

I've heard that putting a full can of Coke in your washer works well. Fill the washing machine with the clothes and cold water. After the machine is full of water, add your detergent and a full can of Coke. It should take out the oil stain. Don't know if it works once you dry the garment though. (09/29/2008)

By Lee

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

I used Shout Advanced after washing and drying my favorite sweatshirt with cooking oil on it. I let the Shout sit overnight, washed in warmest water possible like the directions said and it worked. The stain is completely gone and I don't have to go all the way to Boston (from Texas) to get another one. (01/05/2009)

By Pam

Removing Cooking Oil From Clothing

Squirt blue Dawn dish detergent on the stain and let set for at least 24 hours and launder again. (03/01/2009)

By Happily Retired

Bottle of olive oil.
Removing Cooking Oil Stains from Clothing
Pile of stinky clothing.
Getting Cooking Oil Smell Out of Clothing
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎄