Removing Crayon From Car Seats

How do I remove melted crayons from the fabric of my SUV seat? The sun melted them. Help me please.

By Connie from Lillington, NC

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

Put a brown paper bag over stain and go over it with a hot iron. It worked for me when I spilled candle wax on the carpet. Good luck. (04/01/2010)

By karenw81

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

1. First scrape off most of the wax using a cold spoon. Place several spoons in freezer first.

2. Next, take 3 or 4 paper towels at a time and stack them on top of the crayons then heat the area with a blow dryer and rub the area with the back of the metal spoon (which will get hot from the blow-dryer) or use an iron that is not too hot. Continually stacking clean paper towels on the area until almost all of the wax has been removed.

3. To remove the last of the wax, use mineral spirits from the hardware store (in the paint area). Or fingernail polish remover made for artificial nails.

4. Mineral spirits, paint thinner, and fingernail polish remover are extremely flammable, so clean this totally off using "Goop" hand cleaner (from the dollar store) and a toothbrush. Let sit for a while then use another cleaner (see step 5). Goop is made to clean greasy-oily hands and stains.

5. Lastly, to remove any extra left over mineral spirits you can clean the area with a foam-in upholstery and rug cleaner or "Awesome" cleaner from the dollar store. Full-strength "Awesome" removes even tar from carpets and I have been told by $1 store employees that contractors and builders often stock up on case or more of this cleaner! Try to find this first, or use a "scrubbing-bubbles" type of bathroom cleaner in a spray can from the dollar store.

* Note: Before using any of the above products, check in an unseen area first for color-fastness! (04/02/2010)

By Cyinda

Removing Crayon From Car Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Infant car seat.
Car Seat Safety
Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats