Removing Crayon from Washed and Dried Clothes

I never check pockets when I wash clothes, and of course this time I payed the price. I did not realize there was a crayon in a pocket until I dried the load and to my horror saw that I had blue spots on everything. I honestly almost started crying.

I'm so glad I Googled and found this website. I read a lot of ways to help get crayon off, one post said to try LA's Totally Awesome that could be found at a dollar store. Thanks to this tough economy I decided to try this $1.00 product. And let me tell you, thanks goodness for this product.

I soaked the damaged clothes in the washer with hot water (I had a small load of damaged clothes) and poured in half the bottle of LA's Totally Awesome and I let it soak for approximately 30 min. I wanted to be sure the crayon was going to come out so I also scrubbed each piece with a cleaning brush. And wala out came the crayon. I then ran a normal cycle on hot water. Thank you for all the tips. This product will now be a must in my house. Good luck and I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

1. Soak clothes in washer with hot water and approximately half a bottle of LA's Totally Awesome in washer for about 30 minutes.
  2. Use scrub brush to scrub out crayon.
  3. I poured some more solution directly on spots if they were not coming out.
  4. Add detergent and wash.

I had a large load of clothes along with baby clothes for our unborn son--my faves from my other boys that got washed and dried with at least 3 crayons (prob in a pocket?). Each and every piece had marks all over them - dried crayon lines and my dryer was coated in wax. I literally started crying. Tried soaking and washing 4 times with tide stain booster and oxyclean - no luck.

I ended up soaking in a wash tub (I have a front loader with no soak option) with la's totally awesome detergent for an hour in hot water, then I put all of the clothes in the washer and washed on a sanitary wash for 2 hours. Also added la's totally awesome oxygen stain booster. Amazingly almost all of the marks came out--only a few pieces have light marks on them. One is a white t-shirt that looks like someone drew on it with crayons. Took quite a long time, but the clothes look so much better! Thank you!