Removing Diesel Fuel Smell from Clothing

How do you get diesel fuel out of clothing?

By Marie

Answers:

Here in Mississippi, the orange hand cleaner is called Gojo. They have it at WalMart and AutoZone and various other car part stores. Sometimes it can be found at Dollar General, also. I have used it to remove hydraulic fluid stains and it works pretty well, but it may take a couple of tries to get it done. (11/18/2009)

By Belinda

My husband has worked on aircraft fuel tanks for years. He comes home reeking of the JP-8 jet fuel that he gets exposed to. I'm extremely allergic to any kind of scented products so I had to find a way to remove the smell from his clothes without using more chemicals. Get ready, it's the simplest thing and it always works.

I put everything he wears including underwear and socks that reek of jet fuel in the sun. Sometimes it can take from a few days to a week, but it always works. The sun's rays just bake the smell out. Make sure you get all areas exposed to the sun and turn inside out as well. (12/13/2009)

By gailz

Man testing a diesel injector
Cleaning Diesel Fuel Odors from Clothing
work boots
Removing Diesel Fuel from Shoes and Boots
man servicing a semi truck
Cleaning Diesel Fuel on Concrete
cleaning a car interior
Cleaning Diesel Fuel Odors From Inside a Car
pumping gas
Cleaning Gasoline Smell From Clothing
🎄