Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

Last night my dog pooped all over the floor. I have tried everything I can think of to clean it up. I have tried Nature's Miracle, Resolve, Folex, 2 different carpet cleaner machines w/cleaning solution, and a vinegar recipe I found online. Nothing works. Does anyone have an idea as to what to do or try?

By Wheeldude14 from Springfield, VA

Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

Go to Walmart, Home Depot, or even the grocery store and buy a can of Spot Shot. It's a blue can with an orange cap. You'll find it with the carpet cleaners. I haven't found anything yet that it won't remove. In my case, it was cat poop. It worked. (08/15/2009)

By Southern Saver

Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

I've been there! We have two dogs and between mishaps, poops and pukes (ew!) we've had our time of it keeping up with the stains.

You must purchase, and always have on hand, Planet Urine. Just search for it online and you'll find it. It works! I can honestly say that this product has changed my life. It even removed several old Kool-Aid and Amoxicillin stains that I had written off as permanent accessories to our house!

I don't work for them, I don't get anything from them, but I rave whenever I can. I would purchase this product even if I didn't have pets. It will get out just about any stain.

They have a "try it" or skeptical sample or something like that, that is very reasonable, if you want to go on the cheap. It is rather pricey, but you only need to use a very small amount.

Best of luck! (08/17/2009)

By samiam997

Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

Since you've already tried so many products on this already you might want to call a professional carpet cleaner and ask them what they suggest, but be sure you tell them all of the things you've tried because they each contain assorted chemicals that may have already set the stain because of interaction.

You could also try, in a non-conspicuous place like your closet, to test spray hydrogen peroxide (3% USP that you can get at the grocery store or pharmacy and might even already have on hand) and that might work because it has a slight 'lifting' effect. (08/19/2009)

By Deeli

Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet