Removing Dog Urine Stains and Odor from Carpet

With a older dog in the house we are having some potty problems on the carpet. Any help with the stain and smell?

By Deb from Bay Area, CA

Answers:

I have had great luck with the Little Green carpet cleaner. It cost around $60, but it is ready all the time and works well. After stepping on the spot with paper towels I go over it with the Little Green. I use a pet stain and odor detergent in the machine. I empty the dirty water with each use. I believe it is a Bissel product. So it may not be the cheapest solution, but a good one. (11/03/2010)

By Lizzyanny

I use paper towels first to get as much wet out as possible. Then I pour a little hydrogen peroxide on the spot and use a brush to work it in. Then I use more paper towels to sop up the wet. This has also worked on older spots that have already dried. (11/03/2010)

By jagegr

Try mixing approximately 3-4 tblsp. of oil of oregano into a basic sized pail of very hot water and soap. Sunlight liquid dish soap worked well for me. Scrub the spot or stain in an inward circling motion. Make sure you have at least 4 liters of hot water to mix the oil and soap in. It worked for me, so good luck to you. Regards.

Lori (02/03/2011)

By founditfree

Sad looking puppy on carpet
Cleaning Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄
🍂