How do you get dried foam insulation off of a fiberglass bathtub?
I assume you are talking about foam insulation from an areosol can. There stuff is a bear to clean up. has to be cleaned up as soon as it gets on a surface. I only have a few suggestions.
1. Find the manufacturer from the can and locate their address from either the can or the internet and ask them for help. They may know of a solvent that will disolve the form.
2. Scrape off the excess foam with a razor blade being careful not to scratch the fiber glass.
3. Use a non scratch cleaning pad with a solvent. Use ventalation with any solvent.
4. Do not use any abrasive material as that will scratch the fiberglass.
5. Contact a fiberglass refinisher and see if they have any answer. You can find them in the yellow pages or on the internet.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!